問路
1.要怎麼到......?
How do I get to [place]?
2.你有什麼推薦的......(活動、景點、美食)?
What do you recommend to do/see/eat there [in that place]?
3.你們幾點營業/關門?
What time do you open/close?
問時間
1.從A(某處)到B(某處)需要多久時間?
How long does it take to get from [first place] to [second place]?
2.去A(某處)的最好方式是什麼?
What's the best way to get there [to place]?
3.(坐火車/巴士/交通工具)去到A(某處)需要花多少錢?
How much does it cost to get to [place] by [mode of transportation]?
問費用
1.一張成人/兒童/家人套票多少錢?
How much is a/an adult/child/family ticket?
2.你們可以用扣款/信用卡嗎?
Do you take debit/credit card?
3.我可以用扣款/信用卡付款嗎?
Can I pay by debit/credit card?
4.團體還是特別的日子有打折嗎?
Is there a discount for groups or special days/times?
到底花錢還是花時間?
中文說的花錢、花時間都是用同一個字,但是英文就有分成spend/cost/take。
Cost這個字的主詞可以是某件事、某個東西。
The car rental costs $30 per day.
這台車租金一天30塊。
The train tickets cost less than the bus tickets.
火車票比巴士票更便宜。
不過Cost的主詞是事件的時候,也有一種浪費時間的意思。
The flight delay cost me an extra two hours!
班機延誤多浪費了我兩個小時的時間!
Waiting in line was almost pointless. It cost me 30 minutes.
排隊真的是很沒有意義,我排了三十分鐘。
Take就只能拿來形容花了多少時間,主詞只能是事件。
It takes two hours by plane.
坐飛機要兩個鐘頭。
How long does it take to drive from Sydney to Melbourne?
從雪梨開車到墨爾本要花多久時間?
Spend只能用在人當主詞的時候,花錢、花時間,都可以用。
I can spend a whole day relaxing at the beach.
我可以一整個禮拜都在海邊放鬆 。
I will spend three hours at the airport waiting for my transfer flight.
我會花三個小時的時間在機場等轉機。
道地英文,快速學習>>世界公民文化中心
【閱讀更多世界公民文化中心精選好文】
- 去外國酒吧前,你必須先知道這3件事
- PowerPoint怎麼吸引人?你只有3秒鐘!
- 印度人遲到一小時:沒關係啦!先喝杯奶茶吧!
- 英式英文大解密!聽懂英國人話中的奧妙含義
- 看似理所當然,卻不是這麼一回事!總是搞錯的5句英文
(本文轉載自世界公民文化中心,本文僅反映專家作者意見,不代表本社立場。)